The Community Puzzle consists of large universal blank puzzle pieces that fit together in any order. Each person decorates a puzzle piece in his/her own style, usually, but not always using a common theme. The largest puzzle so far is more than 16,000 pieces! The only limit is the imagination.
Here are some suggestions on ways to use this great tool:
· Each person decorates a puzzle piece in his/her own style, usually, but not always using a common theme. You can have them color on their puzzle piece to represent the learning that they are going to take away from the program.
· For counseling sessions: have the client or family color a different piece to record their progress and milestones. You then have a colorful memory puzzle of everything they have accomplished and learned.
· For schools: These are great for field trips! It can utilize bus time on their way back to school. After your trip to the museum give each student a puzzle piece and some crayons as they get back on the bus. Have them color what they learned on their puzzle piece. When you get back to school the students can put the puzzle together.
· To close an adult program: you can have a group identify goals by having participants decorate puzzle piece to represent the learning that they are going to take away from the program.
· What is your piece of the puzzle? In newly formed committees and other action groups members need to assign roles early on-through creating artwork, or strength and goal words-group members can explore express and define their roles in a group and the strengths they bring to the group.
· In a conflict situation, the puzzle pieces can be used effectively as a communication tool. Expression can be enhanced when a person uses a puzzle piece to represent their feelings and actions. For participants to name their part in a conflict and the piece they might take on to change it.
· Great idea for name tags for a small conference or business meeting. Write each person’s name on a puzzle piece and glue on the pin to the back. They then have to find the person(s) they connect with.
· Set them out at birthday functions, wedding receptions, anniversary celebrations for good wishes and a fun gift to the receiver they will cherish forever.
Holiday Ideas: Use them as an Advent Calendar or Thanksgiving activity. Write on the puzzles pieces things we are thankful for.
Our Large Community Puzzle has 24 center pieces, 24 border pieces with 48 pieces total per puzzle. OR Community Puzzle Junior has 4 center pieces and 12 border pieces with 16 pieces total.
Center pieces measure 4″x4″. Border pieces are 2″x4″.
Have more than 24-48 people and need a bigger puzzle? No problem. Our bulk puzzles are the Large 48 piece puzzle with 24 center pieces and 24 border pieces per puzzle but you get more than one puzzle. With a universal design puzzle pieces, puzzles can be joined together to create larger puzzles expanding to your desired dimensions.